Let’s talk about our favorite game, shall we?
As I mentioned last week, I tried to start playing golf last year and quickly became disinterested in playing golf. Why? It requires time. Lots of time.
I remember asking a coach how long it would take for me to graduate from practicing at the range to actually be able to play a game and he said, “if you practice 5 days a week for the next 6 months, you’ll be able to play the course.” Ummm. WHAT?! No thanks. I’ll pass for now.
Pickle ball on the other hand, is a quick game to pickup. Even if you’re not too coordinated, like yours truly. Buy some balls, grab a paddle, find a partner, and you’re off to the races. Over the last year, some of my favorite moments involve pickle ball with friends and family. It’s social, fun, and you can even have a cocktail while playing! Plus it’s a great workout. Running all over the court to chase that tiny little ball will get your booty sitting up right in no time.
10 Reasons Why We Love Playing Pickle Ball
- It’s a fun way to spend time together.
- You can enjoy a cocktail while you play. 2 Vodka Frescas, please!
- It’s a social game: grab some friends and play doubles. We usually like “swapping” partners. Remember the show Wife Swap? Same idea. It can get a little heated if you’re playing as a couple, so if you want to keep it light, switch up your partner.
- Brandon finally can beat me at something 😉
- It’s not a young or old person’s sport… not that Brandon is old… you know what I mean… Let me rephrase: It’s inclusive of all ages.
- It’s a great workout. It can be hard to find sports that you and your partner equally enjoy and you know what they say? Couples who sweat together, stay together.
- You get to be outside, in the sunshine – but don’t forget your sunscreen and hat!
- It’s not hard to learn. Spend 15 minutes learning and you’ll pick it up in no time.
- You can meet other couples. Pickle Ball is sweeping the country! You can join tournaments and pickup games at your local tennis center.
- You can be competitive. Or just have fun. I love a game where you don’t have to take yourself too seriously.
SHARE THIS POST
You May Also Like
Have I mentioned Cabo is one of our absolute favorite places to visit? If not, let's get that on the record. Over the past year, I have spent 3 months in Cabo. I'm far from a Cabo aficionado but I did make it my mission to find date night spots that will...
Uhhh I completely forgot we had these photos taken of our home in Cabo! Since a few of you asked for me to share, I figured, why not? This project was a fun one and I learned SO much. We worked with Ladco and they were unbelievable. More specifically, we...
Let's talk about our morning routine. Neither of us are early risers. I love staying up late, computer in my lap, answering emails, or researching our next trip (usually while watching the Real Housewives of FILL IN THE BLANK). So when the morning comes,...
JOIN THE CONVERSATION!